lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Victor Hadianto <vict...@nuix.com.au>
Subject Re: Field where the search term has been found?
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2003 23:12:04 GMT
On Tue, 3 Jun 2003 10:21 pm, Adriano Labate wrote:
> If a do a multi field search, is it possible to know the field name
> where
> the search term has been found?

I believe there is no easy way to do this. I had to implement a similar
functionality by adding explainTerm() method on Weight interface. The
implementation is, unfotunately, pretty horrendous by using the Explanation
API.

This achieve my purpose to explain what term matches given a query and given a
document, from this list of terms you can then retrieve the field names.

> Adriano Labate

Victor Hadianto