lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "eric cocozza" <ecoco...@hotmail.com>
Subject returning a seperate rank multiple items within the same search
Date Mon, 05 May 2003 15:42:23 GMT
Hi,

I have a requirement to display for a user ranked, combined results for a
single query.

For example, if a user performed the search:
"french fries" AND "freedom fries"

I would like lucen's rating for "french fries" to be listed
seperatly i would like the rating for "freedom fries" listed
potentially, a combined score could be listed, but this could just be
score("french fries") + score("freedom fries")

I can do this by submitting seperate querys, and then compiling the result
myslef, but I'm curious if this is the most processor efficent way of
operating.

Seeing as lucene is allready searching the index once, it would be great if
I could just ask it to tally the points seperatly (avoiding a second scan).

And other ideas for handling this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Eric