lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Stephane Vaucher <vauch...@cirano.qc.ca>
Subject Re: Searching Date Fields
Date Thu, 01 May 2003 14:13:25 GMT
Use dateToString(Date date) one way and stringToTime(String s) the other.
You can check the validity of your Date object by printing it out using
its toString() method. It's normal to see something like 0debn3bk0, its
the internal representation of the date.

For searches, use the DateFilter.

On Thu, 1 May 2003, Sushma Sinha wrote:

> Can someone help me on using date fields,
> I need to peform searching on date fields. I am able to add date fields to index using

> DateField.dateToString(messageDate) - where messageDate is a Date object , of format
yyyy-MM-dd.
> This does not show any error while indexing .(Assuming I am doing something wrong with
the formats)

> While reading the createdDate field value from the index (in String form), it shows up
this column value in some format similar to this 0debn3bk0.
> And further I want to know in what format should i enter data to get query results as
specifying a valid date for the