lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From David_Birthw...@VWR.COM
Subject Re: too many hits - OutOfMemoryError
Date Wed, 28 May 2003 16:51:08 GMT

Unfortunately, no.
The modifications are not very extreme, though.
If you're interested in seeing our approach, let me know.

DaveB

                      "Eric Jain"

                      <Eric.Jain@isb-si        To:       "Lucene Users List"

                      b.ch>                     <lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org>

                                               cc:

                      05/28/03 12:22 PM        Subject:  Re: too many hits - OutOfMemoryError

                      Please respond to

                      "Lucene Users

                      List"

> We ran into this problem and decided to put a check
> on the number of expanded terms and abort the query
> if the number got too high.

Is it possible to perform this check without having to modify Lucene's
source code?

--
Eric Jain