lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Rob Outar" <rou...@ideorlando.org>
Subject No results returned from a wildcard query
Date Thu, 08 May 2003 13:48:34 GMT
Hi all,

	I first ran this query:

		filename:"goodfileunique.xml" AND
directory:"/pair/unittestdatafiles/repository/validtest"

	and I got results back,I then ran this query:

		filename:"goodfileunique.xml" AND
directory:"/pair/unittestdatafiles/repository*"

	but I did not get back any results, the results should have been the same
as the first query.

	The code I use to query with is as follows:

		  public synchronized String[] queryIndex(String query) throws
ParseException,
  		 IOException {

      	  checkForIndexChange();
	        QueryParser p = new QueryParser("",
      	  new RepositoryIndexAnalyzer());
        	  this.query = p.parse(query);
        	  Hits hits = this.searcher.search(this.query);
       	  return buildReturnArray(hits);
    		}

	Am I handling wildcard queries incorrectly?  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob