lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Rob Outar" <rou...@ideorlando.org>
Subject RE: No results returned from a wildcard query
Date Thu, 08 May 2003 16:19:29 GMT
Is anyone out there today :-)  I was reading that wildcard queries are case
sensitive and ignore the analyzer?  I tried changing the case of the query
to no avail, looks like the query parser converts it to lower case, so at
this point I am stuck, and once again any help would be greatly appreciated
as wild card searching is critical to my component.

Thanks,

Rob

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Outar [mailto:routar@ideorlando.org]
Sent: Thursday, May 08, 2003 9:49 AM
To: Lucene Users List
Subject: No results returned from a wildcard query

Hi all,

	I first ran this query:

		filename:"goodfileunique.xml" AND
directory:"/pair/unittestdatafiles/repository/validtest"

	and I got results back,I then ran this query:

		filename:"goodfileunique.xml" AND
directory:"/pair/unittestdatafiles/repository*"

	but I did not get back any results, the results should have been the same
as the first query.

	The code I use to query with is as follows:

		  public synchronized String[] queryIndex(String query) throws
ParseException,
  		 IOException {

      	  checkForIndexChange();
	        QueryParser p = new QueryParser("",
      	  new RepositoryIndexAnalyzer());
        	  this.query = p.parse(query);
        	  Hits hits = this.searcher.search(this.query);
       	  return buildReturnArray(hits);
    		}

	Am I handling wildcard queries incorrectly?  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob