lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Rob Outar" <rou...@ideorlando.org>
Subject RE: deleting a document with a term
Date Thu, 15 May 2003 13:45:46 GMT
Could it be a case issue? Try converting to lowercase, when you query the
analyzer takes care of that for you.

Thanks,

Rob
-----Original Message-----
From: D-Fuse [mailto:mr_dfuse@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 15, 2003 9:40 AM
To: lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: deleting a document with a term

Hey,
I succesfully made an index of the content of a database, the document is
constructed as following:

Document doc = new Document();
doc.add(Field.Text("VOORNAAM", voornaam));
doc.add(Field.Text("FAMILIENAAM", familienaam));
doc.add(Field.UnIndexed("ID", Integer.toString(id)));
doc.add(Field.UnStored("FREETEXT", strfreetext));
indexWriter.addDocument(doc);

Searching goes good, but when I try to delete a document as following:

Term term = new Term("ID", Integer.toString(id));
int numberDeleted = indexReader.delete(term);

the document is never deleted, numberDeleted is always zero. I checked the
ID and it exists. I also tried deleting the document by using the Field
VOORNAAM since that is indexed, but that gives the same problem.

Am I doing something wrong?