lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Rob Outar" <rou...@ideorlando.org>
Subject RE: IndexReader.lastModified();
Date Mon, 05 May 2003 19:08:58 GMT
My Linux admin told me that if a change to a file occurs in less than one
second Linux does not update the last mod date.  Has anyone else experienced
this? or is this even possible?  I have spent hours and hours debugging my
code and the date thing is the only thing I can see as causing my queries to
fail.

Thanks,

Rob

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Outar [mailto:routar@ideorlando.org]
Sent: Monday, May 05, 2003 2:42 PM
To: Lucene Users List
Subject: RE: IndexReader.lastModified();

  /** Returns the time the index in the named directory was last modified.
*/
  public static long lastModified(File directory) throws IOException {
    return FSDirectory.fileModified(directory, "segments");
  }

  /** Returns the time the named file was last modified. */
  public final long fileModified(String name) throws IOException {
    File file = new File(directory, name);
    return file.lastModified();
  }

  /** Returns the time the named file was last modified. */
  public static final long fileModified(File directory, String name)
       throws IOException {
    File file = new File(directory, name);
    return file.lastModified();
  }

Could this be a problem in Linux where the files last mod date are not being
updated fast enough?

Thanks,

Rob Outar
OneSAF A&I -- SAIC