lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Doug Kirk <d...@dougandalli.com>
Subject Re: IndexReader.delete problem
Date Wed, 21 May 2003 15:42:03 GMT
> Perhaps you are using 'new IndexWriter(path, analyzer, true)' rather
> than 'new IndexWriter(path, analyzer, false)'?

Yes, that is what was happening.  (Big Thanks!)

Here's a new problem, though: after changing the above to 'new
IndexWriter(fsdirectory, analyzer, false)', my updated document no
longer shows up in searches. No exception is being thrown during the
entire updateObject() process.

The logic is:

void updateObject(Object bean)  throws IOException, IndexException {
     deleteObject(bean);
     insertObject(bean);
}

void insertObject(Object bean)  throws IOException, IndexException {
     IndexWriter writer = null;
     try {
         writer = getIndexWriter(false);    // false == create; uses
previously cached FSDirectory and StandardAnalyzer
         Document doc = createDocument(bean);      //  subclass impl
         writer.addDocument(doc);
     }
     catch (IOException & IndexException & Exception) { ... }      //
shortened for brevity
     finally {
          if (writer != null) writer.close();
     }
}

void deleteObject(Object bean) throws IOException, IndexException
{
     IndexReader reader = null;
     try {
         reader = getIndexReader();    //  returns
IndexReader.open(cached FSDirectory)
         reader.delete(getPrimaryTerm(bean));    //  subclass impl
     }
     catch (IOException & IndexException & Exception) { ... }     //
shortened for brevity
     finally {
         if (reader != null) {
             try {