lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <li...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Searching on multiple default fields
Date Wed, 14 May 2003 04:07:22 GMT
On Tuesday, May 13, 2003, at 08:53  PM, Kelvin Tan wrote:
> I confess that I've never quite understood the use of Field.UnStored.
> So the
> field is indexed but the original content is not saved?

In my code that I pulled that example from, I store data in another
field ("body") but do not search on that field (since it is HTML
content).  I modified the example slightly to paste in the e-mail, and
I actually glue bodyText into the "contents" field.  bodyText is the
text-only part of "body".  There is some duplication, agreed, but so
far performance has not at all been an issue.

	Erik