lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Armbrust, Daniel C." <Armbrust.Dan...@mayo.edu>
Subject Finding out which field caused the hit?
Date Tue, 27 May 2003 18:17:24 GMT
Is there a (better) way that I can use to figure out which field in a document caused the document
to be returned from a query?  Currently, after I do a search across all of my fields and documents,
I am researching on each document that had a hit, on each field individually, and keeping
track of the scores..  The highest scoring field is the one that I credit with returning the
document.

This is fine for a small index, with a small number of fields, but it definitely doesn't seem
like the correct way to go about getting this information.

Any suggestions would be appreciated,

Thanks,

Dan