lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <li...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Wildcard workaround
Date Wed, 28 May 2003 18:00:35 GMT
The problem with that solution is the same as what the other thread
about OutOfMemory is discussing with wildcard queries.

Just prefixing something with a fixed query to 'hack' a wildcard query
could lead to performance/memory issues.

I recommend indexing the file extension (or mime type) as a separate
field.

	Erik