lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Steve Rowe <sar...@syr.edu>
Subject Re: Wildcard workaround
Date Wed, 28 May 2003 14:33:40 GMT
Andrei,

If this sort of thing is important enough, you could implement a
customized analyzer which would reverse all terms and store them in a
separate field (in addition to the a non-reversed field).  This will
double your index size, of course.

Then, when searching, suffix query terms (those beginning with '*')
could be reversed and wildcard-searched on the reverse-term field.

Hope it helps,
Steve Rowe

--
Steve Rowe