lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Matt Tucker <m...@jivesoftware.com>
Subject Re: Finding out which field caused the hit?
Date Tue, 27 May 2003 18:58:18 GMT
Dan,

I don't have an answer to this question, unfortunately, but just wanted
to say that we'd really love to see a better API for this too. :)

Regards,
Matt

Armbrust, Daniel C. wrote:

> Is there a (better) way that I can use to figure out which field in a document caused
the document to be returned from a query?  Currently, after I do a search across all of my
fields and documents, I am researching on each document that had a hit, on each field individually,
and keeping track of the scores..  The highest scoring field is the one that I credit with
returning the document.

> This is fine for a small index, with a small number of fields, but it definitely doesn't
seem like the correct way to go about getting this information.