lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Doug Kirk <d...@dougandalli.com>
Date Wed, 21 May 2003 13:29:19 GMT
Using 1.3-RC1, I've got an index where a keyword field contains the
primary key value of a database row (an int), and when a user updates
the data for the row, I delete the document from the index and then add
it back.

My problem: The search index now only recognizes the document just
updated; it seems as if every other document was deleted from the index.

I'm using IndexReader.delete(term), where term prints out as:
Term<Event.PKID:153>, which looks okay to me. The field name is
"Event.PKID", which is in Torque-generated "table.field" format.

As a temporary workaround, I recreate the entire index every time
somebody submits a change.

Is this a Lucene bug, or could I be doing something wrong here?

Thanks!
-Doug.