lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Andrei Melis <Andrei.Me...@snt.ro>
Subject RE: wild card search problem
Date Wed, 28 May 2003 07:15:41 GMT
There were a few threads in the mailing list concerning this issue. You
should check the archive.
I think the problem is that the wildcard search is case-sensitive. Try to
lowercase the entire
query before passing it into the query parser.

Andrei

-----Original Message-----
From: Subhrajyoti Moitra [mailto:subhrajyotim@contata.co.in]
Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2003 10:10 AM
To: lucene mailing list
Subject: wild card search problem

Hi list,
I am having a weird problem.
I have a PDF document. Using PDFBox library i get the contents of the PDF
file as a String. This string gets indexed using the StandardAnalyser. This
document contain both "java" and "Java".
When I examin the index that has been created, it shows "java" ONLY not
"Java".

Now i am doing a wild card search on it.
Eg: ja*
I get the right result (which is the above document).
But when i search for "Ja*", i get nothing.

shouldnt this also throw the above document as a result??

probably i am missing out something.

Please help...

thanks in advance

subhro