lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Doug Kirk <d...@dougandalli.com>
Subject Why would a searcher not find an added document?
Date Thu, 22 May 2003 17:30:56 GMT
After deleting a document from the index, and then adding a document to
the index (same doc with updated info), it seems that the IndexSearcher
doesn't find the updated document.

Whether I specify no limiting criteria (to find all docs), or specific
criteria to find just the doc I'm interested in, the new doc is never
found. I'm not caching anything, so each time a search is done a new
IndexSearcher is created. Additionally, when I delete I use a new
IndexReader, and to add I use a new IndexWriter.

I'm using 1.3-RC1, but the same issue occurs on 1.2.

What the heck could I be doing wrong??

P.S.  I know that the document is in the index, because I wrote a Swing
Lucene browser that lets me view the index and its docs using a
TreePane and an EditorPane (which I'd be happy to contribute if
somebody would like it).