lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From D-Fuse <mr_df...@yahoo.com>
Subject deleting a document with a term
Date Thu, 15 May 2003 13:40:05 GMT
Hey,
I succesfully made an index of the content of a database, the document is constructed as following:

Document doc = new Document();
doc.add(Field.Text("VOORNAAM", voornaam));
doc.add(Field.Text("FAMILIENAAM", familienaam));
doc.add(Field.UnIndexed("ID", Integer.toString(id)));
doc.add(Field.UnStored("FREETEXT", strfreetext));
indexWriter.addDocument(doc);

Searching goes good, but when I try to delete a document as following:

Term term = new Term("ID", Integer.toString(id));
int numberDeleted = indexReader.delete(term);

the document is never deleted, numberDeleted is always zero. I checked the ID and it exists.
I also tried deleting the document by using the Field VOORNAAM since that is indexed, but
that gives the same problem.

Am I doing something wrong?