lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Tatu Saloranta <t...@hypermall.net>
Subject Re: No results returned from a wildcard query
Date Fri, 09 May 2003 03:12:07 GMT
On Thursday 08 May 2003 10:19, Rob Outar wrote:
> Is anyone out there today :-)  I was reading that wildcard queries are case
> sensitive and ignore the analyzer?  I tried changing the case of the query
> to no avail, looks like the query parser converts it to lower case, so at
> this point I am stuck, and once again any help would be greatly appreciated
> as wild card searching is critical to my component.

Whether wildcard/prefix queries are lowercased or not is a configurable
option, defaulting to doing lowercasing automatically. You probably should
turn it off (check out QueryParser.jj for exact method name).
And yes, wildcard queries do not go through analyzer, since there are
potential problems from applying an analyzer. If you'd like to make them go
through analyzer, making this change to QueryParser.jj would be easy to do.
There was also some talk about allowing analyzer to use for wildcard queries
to be configured, defaulting to 'none'.

Hope this helps,

-+ Tatu +-