lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Tatu Saloranta <t...@hypermall.net>
Subject Re: IndexReader.lastModified();
Date Tue, 06 May 2003 13:06:14 GMT
On Tuesday 06 May 2003 05:42, Rob Outar wrote:
> Yeah it looks like I am going to have to handle it internally instead of
> relying on IndexReader.lastModified(), oh well so much for
> cross-platform-ism :-)

[regarding ext2-fs 'feature' on Linux]

I think this 'feature' might be useful thing to document in a FAQ. Perhaps
there should be a platform-dependancies FAQ (or sub-section). Wasn't there
also some concern regarding Windows platform, where deleted status of a file
was not reliably accessed by Java (or something similar)?

Also, do you think ext3 has same problem? (or if it has, other new journaling
file systems).

-+ Tatu +-