lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Victor Hadianto <vict...@nuix.com.au>
Subject Re: High number of files in the index
Date Mon, 05 May 2003 06:10:31 GMT
Yes this seems to be the problem. I had to rewrite the indexer and indexing it
a smarter way. Now keeping the number of fields down and the number of files
in the Lucene index to a more acceptable level again.

victor

On Mon, 5 May 2003 03:58 pm, Sushma Sinha wrote:
> The most obvious reason seems to be the increase in number of fields.
>  I guess lucene creates one file for each field in the index.
> You can check by looking at the file names in the index, if you have N
> number of files with the common prefix ,
> but different suffix , those are all created for different fields.
>
> And also , is the lucene performance affected by the no of files in the
> index. I think u can look at the index size as a whole
> And if it affects the performance, is there a way to merge the files and do
> further optimization?.. as I have not much info about the additional files
> created in the index.
>
> - Sushma

Victor Hadianto

NUIX Pty Ltd
Level 8, 143 York Street, Sydney 2000
Phone: (02) 9283 9010
Fax:   (02) 9283 9020

This message is intended only for the named recipient. If you are not the
or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this message or
attachment is strictly prohibited.