lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Kevin Moran <gridp...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Index Path in WAR
Date Mon, 05 May 2003 02:50:43 GMT
Hi Les,
    I haven't run any metrics on the JarDirectory
approach.  But, at least in my application, searches
are surprisingly fast as long as the Jar is
uncompressed.  If it's compressed, searches are
noticeably slower.  When I wrote that class I didn't
think I'd have concurrency issues because my users are
only ever searching, and not updating, the Jar.  But
maybe I'm missing something obvious.  If so, please
let me know.
    In any case, if you get a chance, I would like to
see your WARDirectory class.  That's an interesting
approach that I hadn't considered.

TIA,
-kevin

--- Leslie Hughes