lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Victor Hadianto <vict...@nuix.com.au>
Subject High number of files in the index
Date Fri, 02 May 2003 15:27:15 GMT
Hi list,

I'm experiencing a high number of files in the Lucene index, even after
running optimize I still have over 600 files in my Lucene index. Now the
scary thing is that's about the same number of document that I indexed.

This problem didn't happen before, the only change that I can think of is that
I'm changing the documents being indexed. Previously all documents have the
same fields, but now each document has a different set of field indexed.

Is this the problem? Will this cause the high number of files in my index
directory?

Please someone say no .. because otherwise I'm dead.

victor