lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Guilherme Barile <...@prosoma.com.br>
Subject Re: query matching all documents
Date Thu, 22 May 2003 13:45:24 GMT
What I didn't figure out is, if I have some index like:
[0] doc1.txt
[1] doc2.doc
[2] doc3.xls
[3] doc4.nfo
[4] doc4.pdf

and then I delete doc2.doc (document #1 in lucene). Will the other
documents numbers change ? or there will be a gap in my index ?
Let's list it again with doc2.doc deleted (supposing the gap will be
there)

[0] doc1.txt
[1] << DELETED >>
[2] doc3.xls
[3] doc4.nfo
[4] doc4.pdf

this way (i think) numDocs() will return 4, but maxDocs() would return
5. Using numDocs() would make me lose a document, at least in the way I
implemented it. Any tips ?

gui