lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Guilherme Barile <...@prosoma.com.br>
Subject Reusing an IndexWriter ?
Date Wed, 21 May 2003 13:55:15 GMT
Hello
	I just started using Lucene, and I'm writing a simple program (swing
interface) that adds files to an index (I'm not searching that index
yet).
	In my main frame, I click a button, a FileChooser appears and I add the
contents of the chosen file to this index... now, after adding this
document, do I have to close my IndexWriter object ?

	I just added a file and that's what I found on my index dir:

total 4
-rw-r--r--    1 guigouz  users           8 May 21 10:49 segments
-rw-r--r--    1 guigouz  users           0 May 21 10:49 write.lock

	Isn't there some method to writeout the index without closing the
IndexWriter ?

thanks in advance

gui