lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Günter Kukies <>
Subject Re: German zusammengesetzte Hauptwörter
Date Fri, 16 May 2003 10:18:58 GMT
Ok, I know that wildcards are not allowed at the beginning of words,
so what can I do to handle every searchword in the kind of:

String aktTerm = [indexed word in the lucene index];
int pos;
boolean searchword_in_index = false;

pos = aktTerm.indexOf(searchword);
searchword_in_index = pos>=0;

If I can build my own IndexSearcher to act like above I do not need the *
Maybe the developers now how to integrate such a behavior without changing
the original lucene source and give me some hints.

Thanks for your help

Günter Kukies

----- Original Message -----
From: <>
To: "Lucene Users List" <>
Sent: Friday, May 16, 2003 11:59 AM
Subject: Re: German zusammengesetzte Hauptwörter

As far I am informed, you can not search with bothside wildcards like
You can search for ausweis*. However I think, you won't get the results you
are searching for, because your words have a leftside term.
If you have words like
you can search with ausweis*

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: