lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Sushma Sinha" <sus...@translogicsys.com>
Subject Searching Date Fields
Date Thu, 01 May 2003 09:33:11 GMT
Can someone help me on using date fields,
I need to peform searching on date fields. I am able to add date fields to index using
DateField.dateToString(messageDate) - where messageDate is a Date object , of format yyyy-MM-dd.
This does not show any error while indexing .(Assuming I am doing something wrong with the
formats)

While reading the createdDate field value from the index (in String form), it shows up this
column value in some format similar to this 0debn3bk0.
And further I want to know in what format should i enter data to get query results as specifying
a valid date for the
field while searching does not featch any results .

Any idea about what am I doing wrong?

- Sushma