lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Bryan LaPlante" <blapla...@netwebapps.com>
Subject Using MultiSearcher
Date Fri, 23 May 2003 21:02:16 GMT
Hi,
I am have a problem using MultiSearcher and I want to ask if I am using it
properly. Every other run of my jsp page throws an exception on the
msearcher.search(query); line of code, otherwise it runs ok.

the error:
javax.servlet.ServletException: msearcher.search(query):
java.io.IOException: Bad file descriptor

the code:
/**
* There is a method that creates the IndexSearcher[] called idx,
* try/catch blocks have been removed for clarity.
* idx looks like {new
IndexSearcher(IndexReader.open("opt/lucene/index")),new
IndexSearcher(IndexReader.open("search/lucene/index"))}
*/
msearcher = new MultiSearcher(idx);
analyzer = new StopAnalyzer();
query = QueryParser.parse(criteria, "contents", analyzer);
hits = msearcher.search(query);