lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Subhrajyoti Moitra" <subhrajyo...@contata.co.in>
Subject wild card search problem
Date Wed, 28 May 2003 07:10:07 GMT
Hi list,
I am having a weird problem.
I have a PDF document. Using PDFBox library i get the contents of the PDF file as a String.
This string gets indexed using the StandardAnalyser.
This document contain both "java" and "Java".
When I examin the index that has been created, it shows "java" ONLY not "Java".

Now i am doing a wild card search on it.
Eg: ja*
I get the right result (which is the above document).
But when i search for "Ja*", i get nothing.

shouldnt this also throw the above document as a result??

probably i am missing out something.

Please help...

thanks in advance

subhro