lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Adriano Labate" <lab...@verticali.com>
Date Wed, 14 May 2003 13:08:04 GMT
Hi,

I am new to Lucene, I know this is already discussed in the list,
but I haven't found a solution yet.

I have to index file documents in english, french, german, etc.

I know that the same analyzer used for indexing must be used for
the search. Ok, but how could I create an index that must use a
different analyzer for each different language document? Same
question for the search.

What the best practices?

Do I have to create one index per language?

Do I have to write a custom analyzer that dynamically detects the
Document language and apply the right stemming, stop word list, etc?

Thanks.
Adriano Labate

Vertical*i SA
Rue du Petit-ChĂȘne 38