lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Aviran Mordo" <amo...@infosciences.com>
Subject RE: Reusing an IndexWriter ?
Date Wed, 21 May 2003 15:44:25 GMT
You can create one instance of Container in your main application and
reuse it. Just don't forget to add a close method to it (Container) so
you can close the writer after you are done doing all the work.

Aviran

-----Original Message-----
From: Guilherme Barile [mailto:gui@prosoma.com.br]
Sent: Wednesday, May 21, 2003 11:20 AM
To: Lucene Users List
Subject: RE: Reusing an IndexWriter ?

Probably, but not the way I'm using it.
I created a Container class that wraps lucene methods, I call it using
myindex = new Container(File); where File is the directory where the
index resides.

On Container's constructor, I create a writer and a reader, but I guess
I'll have to open a reader every time I search and a writer every time I
write to it, am I right ?

thanks again

gui