lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Aviran Mordo" <>
Subject RE: Reusing an IndexWriter ?
Date Wed, 21 May 2003 14:35:04 GMT
You can keep the IndexWriter open until you quit the indexing
application. Then you'll need to close it.

-----Original Message-----
From: Guilherme Barile []
Sent: Wednesday, May 21, 2003 9:55 AM
To: Lucene
Subject: Reusing an IndexWriter ?

	I just started using Lucene, and I'm writing a simple program
interface) that adds files to an index (I'm not searching that index
	In my main frame, I click a button, a FileChooser appears and I
add the contents of the chosen file to this index... now, after adding
this document, do I have to close my IndexWriter object ?

	I just added a file and that's what I found on my index dir:

total 4
-rw-r--r--    1 guigouz  users           8 May 21 10:49 segments
-rw-r--r--    1 guigouz  users           0 May 21 10:49 write.lock

	Isn't there some method to writeout the index without closing
the IndexWriter ?

thanks in advance

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: