lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Aviran Mordo" <amo...@infosciences.com>
Subject RE: High number of files in the index
Date Fri, 02 May 2003 15:41:56 GMT
AFAIK the number of files depends among other things on the number of
fields.
Aviran

-----Original Message-----
From: Victor Hadianto [mailto:victorh@nuix.com.au]
Sent: Friday, May 02, 2003 11:27 AM
To: Lucene Users List
Subject: High number of files in the index

Hi list,

I'm experiencing a high number of files in the Lucene index, even after
running optimize I still have over 600 files in my Lucene index. Now the

scary thing is that's about the same number of document that I indexed.

This problem didn't happen before, the only change that I can think of
is that
I'm changing the documents being indexed. Previously all documents have
the
same fields, but now each document has a different set of field indexed.

Is this the problem? Will this cause the high number of files in my
directory?

Please someone say no .. because otherwise I'm dead.

victor