lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ryan Moffat" <ryanmof...@hotmail.com>
Subject Filtering the entire index
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2003 14:16:39 GMT
Hi there

I apologise if this is obvious, I have read as much as I can in the FAQ's
and API docs but can not see a solution for my problem.

I would like to be able to search the entire index and use only the Lucene
filters for results.  I had a lot of trouble searching for date and int
ranges using terms and consequently used the ChainableFilter code (thanks to
Kelvin Tan) which works like a charm as long as I include some query.  I can
not see a way of just using * as a query (cant start search with * etc)

Of course the idea of saying search everything in the index just to let the
filters do the work seems a bit daft to me so possibly I'm on the completely
wrong track?

Any help muchos appreciated

Thanks
Ryan Moffat