lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Simon Lieschke" <simon.liesc...@orionhealth.com>
Subject HTMLDocument.java example
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2003 04:41:32 GMT
The example code that ships with Lucene includes the following snippet in HTMLDocument.java:

    // Add the last modified date of the file a field named "modified".  Use a
    // Keyword field, so that it's searchable, but so that no attempt is made
    // to tokenize the field into words.
    doc.add(Field.Keyword("modified",
			  DateField.timeToString(f.lastModified())));

Now, I guess the point of this is so that we can search for HTML documents using Lucene's
range search syntax. But as far as I can tell, the result of DateField.timeToString(f.lastModified())
returns a non-human readable date format, hence the modified field will not really be "human
searchable" format. Is this an oversight in the example implementation, or am I just missing
something else here?

Thanks in advance,

Simon