lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Armbrust, Daniel C." <Armbrust.Dan...@mayo.edu>
Subject Extra blank field in index?
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2003 15:40:34 GMT
When I create an index, and then read back the available fields on my index using IndexReader.getFieldNames,
the collection it returns always has one more field than I added.

In the simplest case, when I added one document which only had one field to the index, according
to my debugger, the SegmentReader class's fieldInfos object is holding two fields, one of
which is the one I added, the other is the mystery field.  It reports isIndexed=false, name="".

Is this just normal operation, or is it a bug of sorts?

(Using 1.3 RC1)

Thanks,

Dan