lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Biswas, Goutam_Kumar" <Goutam-Kumar-Bis...@deshaw.com>
Subject prefixquery not working on migrating to Lucene 1.3
Date Sun, 27 Apr 2003 07:02:14 GMT
Hi,

I have been using queries like: filename:(txt) AND
path:(/u/biswasg/Install*) with Lucene 1.2 which gave me correct results. I
moved to Lucene 1.3 a while ago and find that these queries no longer work.
The Lucene Query is: +txt +path:/u/biswasg/install*. I observe that the path
has been lowercased (which did not happen when I was using 1.2).

I made the following changes in my code when I moved over to 1.3.

        QueryParser qp = new QueryParser(defaultSearchField, new
MyAnalyzer());
        qp.setOperator(QueryParser.DEFAULT_OPERATOR_AND);

How can I prevent Lucene from lower casing query terms that ends with a *. I
must mention that my objective here is to restrict my search results to
those files that begin with a spceified prefix.

Any help on this is appreciated.

Thanks,
-Goutam