lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Biswas, Goutam_Kumar" <Goutam-Kumar-Bis...@deshaw.com>
Subject searching woes
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2003 16:08:45 GMT
Hi,

I have written a search engine for our intranet. I'm storing the file path
as a KEYWORD field.

While searching if I want to restrict my search results to a particular file
path I'd use a query like path:/proj/cadessa/*. However if the file path
contains a hyphen '-' I'm not getting any results. For example if I have a
file like /proj/cadessa/cadessa-externa/apache/lucene/README.txt and  I use
a query like path:/proj/cadessa/cadessa-external*. I do get the correct
results, however,  if I use a query like path:/proj/cadessa/cadessa*.

So I guess the '-' is the culprit here. Has any one of you faced a similar
problem before ?

can any one please suggest how I should work around this problem ?

Thanks in advance,
+Goutam