lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <li...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Type information on Tokens?
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2003 17:37:46 GMT
Here's another vote for keeping the type information in the index.  I
suspect where this would break down is if a field has two tokens that
are textually the same, but are considered different types - so maybe
its not a good idea technically.  I'd love to hear more about the
pros/cons to keeping this information, as it seems like something quite
useful during searching.

	Erik