lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@lucene.com>
Subject Re: Type information on Tokens?
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2003 21:33:48 GMT
Armbrust, Daniel C. wrote:
> So far, I can only think of two ways to accomplish this, 1, is to build it into my tokens,
i.e. my tokens would look something like "<noun>patient".  I'm afraid there may be some
pit-falls with this approach that I haven't identified yet, however, since I haven't tried
it out.

This should actually work fine, so long as you use the same analyzer on
your queries.  Another option would be to put each part of speech in a
different Lucene field.  I think the token-prefix option would be
preferable, since you probably don't need separate boost and
normalization factors for each part of speech.

Doug