lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: code bug?
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2003 17:27:25 GMT
This is an issue with encoding of queries in HTML/URL-context.
If this is happening in your web application, it's something you need
to fix by, for instance, doign soemthing like java.net.URL.encode(query
string here) before stuffing it in ht HREF.
Or something similar...
This is not a Lucene problem.

Otis

--- xx28 <xx28@drexel.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using Lucene 1.2 web application. Most of queries work fine.
> However,when
> I tried to use phrase query like the following:
>
> "basic service"
>
> The fist result page is good (url like

httP://com:8080/results.jsp?query=%22basic+service%22&db=dd&maxresults=20).

http://com:8080/results.jsp?query=optional+%2Bbasic+%2Bservice&db=dd&maxresults=20

http://com:8080/results.jsp?query=optional+basic+service&maxresults=20&startat=20