lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Multiple IndexSearcher
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2003 15:28:28 GMT
You don't have to, but if you don't your IndexSearcher will not see the
changes in the index.

You could certainly write some simple logic that does not discard
IndexSearcher every time the index changes, but only, for instance,
every minute at the most.
Your users won't see index changes right away, but that may not be so
important in your case, I don't know.

Otis