lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Keeping IndexReader up to date
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2003 16:43:10 GMT
I think having to do this small manual step also gives flexibility to
those who want it.  Not everyone will want their index 'reloaded' every
time it is changed (think very dynamic indices).
As for how to figure out when to get the new IndexSearcher/Reader, yes,
looks right, and I remember posting some code that does just that a few
months ago (3, 4, or more months ago).

Otis