lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Wilkes <cwilkes-luc...@ladro.com>
Subject Re: open excel file to browser!!!!!!
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2003 19:47:08 GMT
On Thu, Apr 10, 2003 at 12:19:37PM -0700, MMachado@LEVI.com wrote:
> Hi, I need a help. After to do a search (with my search engine) I generate a
> jsp that send to the browser the link where I find the string or the word
> that I search(the string is inside an excel file). So now, how can i do to
> open an excel file with the string or word higtlighted directly??? I need
> some ideas . Thanks

Do you mean how do you generate a URL that when the person clicks on it
they'll get the Excel document and they'll have their word highlighted?

If so, you're better off asking in an Excel newsgroup as this is outside
of what Lucene does.  You'll want to ask if you can pass an argument to
Excel that tells it where to go in the document.  Good luck!

Chris