lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Tomcat Programmer <tcprogram...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: JSP files
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2003 23:14:18 GMT
Pinky,

You don't want to index the jsp directly, as you would
be missing the content inserted by the server when the
pages are accessed. Typically indexing dynamic pages
is problematic since the content will change
freqently... That being said, the java.io library
provides classes for retrieving the content of a URL
as an input stream. You can write a class to traverse
your site downloading the URLS and indexing them. It
will be slower of course than reading HTML from disk
files.

-Tom