lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "David Medinets" <medi...@mtolive.com>
Subject Re: Performance with a highly dynamic index
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2003 20:53:52 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Miller" <chris@swebtec.com>
> Are you're saying that a disk-based index will be far too slow in my
situation?
Only because of the ratio of updating compared to the querying. By the way,
I think one consequence of having a RAMDirectory is that you'll need a
static Singleton class to control access to the directory so that the
directory stays active in RAM. Will you be using Servlets or EJBs?

>we can always throw a gig or three of RAM at it until it's happy if it
comes down to that.
Isn't it wonderful to be able to make that statement?