lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "David Medinets" <medi...@mtolive.com>
Subject Re: Role-based Access Control Using Lucene
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2003 15:41:54 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Hui Ouyang" <hui@triplehop.com>
> Do not know about RBAC. Could RBAC support/integrate with LDAP or NT OS
user access control?

Absolutely. Instead of using a Lucene Directory to hold the list of users
(for validation/data integrity purposes) you could refactor the RBAC class
to use a User abstract class and then create an implementation that gets the
information from LDAP, NT, or anywhere else. I tossed everything into the
same RBAC class simply to demonstrate the concepts. If anyone wants to
integrate RBAC into their applications, I'm available for consulting. And,
btw, I'm not nessarily endorsing the use of Lucene for RBAC, this code is
just proof of concept. The requirements of each application needs to be
evaluated in the context of available resources and other factors.

david

ps - much information about rbac can be found at http://csrc.nist.gov/rbac/.