lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "David Medinets" <medi...@mtolive.com>
Subject The PrecedenceQuery Class
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2003 18:29:31 GMT
The code for this class can be found at http://affy.blogspot.com/2003_04_20_affy_archive.html#200194642.

As I was working with Lucene the other day, I envisioned looking for a document about a terrorist
(call me XXX) and how the resulting list of results should be ranked. So I created the PrecedenceQuery
class so that I could ask for all document containing XXX and a series of tokens such as /iraq/syria/israel/usa/united
states. The document should be ranked higher (more relevant) as the list moves from left to
right. This type of search is applicable to many different situations. In the realm of computer
applications, this technique could be used in configuration management so that global values
are overridden by environment which in turn can be overridden by machine-specific information.

Adding support for prefixes, wildcards, regular expressions, and ranges inside the delimiters
should be trivial if anyone needs it.

Let me know if this classes is helpful.

David Medinets
Quality = Resource Multiplication