lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Terry Steichen" <te...@net-frame.com>
Subject Re: HTMLDocument.java example
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2003 12:31:28 GMT
Simon,

I believe there's another method in DateField that converts the value into a
human readable form.

Regards,

Terry

----- Original Message -----
From: "Simon Lieschke" <simon.lieschke@orionhealth.com>
To: <lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, April 07, 2003 12:41 AM
Subject: HTMLDocument.java example

The example code that ships with Lucene includes the following snippet in
HTMLDocument.java:

    // Add the last modified date of the file a field named "modified".  Use
    // Keyword field, so that it's searchable, but so that no attempt is
made
    // to tokenize the field into words.
    doc.add(Field.Keyword("modified",
  DateField.timeToString(f.lastModified())));

Now, I guess the point of this is so that we can search for HTML documents
using Lucene's range search syntax. But as far as I can tell, the result of
DateField.timeToString(f.lastModified()) returns a non-human readable date
format, hence the modified field will not really be "human searchable"
format. Is this an oversight in the example implementation, or am I just
missing something else here?

Thanks in advance,

Simon