lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ilya Khandamirov" <...@startext.de>
Subject OFFTOPIC: RE: open excel file to browser!!!!!!
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2003 08:11:34 GMT
Hi,

You could do something like this in Intranet, where you could dictate
that your users may run macros. Then you could write some VBA code,
which get the terms from Lucene and highlights them in Excel.

Another option would be working with Excel format at binary level.

For more details please ask in some Excel user group.

Regards,
Ilya

-----Original Message-----
From: MMachado@LEVI.com [mailto:MMachado@LEVI.com]
Sent: Donnerstag, 10. April 2003 21:20
To: lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: open excel file to browser!!!!!!

Hi, I need a help. After to do a search (with my search engine) I
generate a jsp that send to the browser the link where I find the string
or the word that I search(the string is inside an excel file). So now,
how can i do to open an excel file with the string or word higtlighted
directly??? I need some ideas . Thanks

Michel